Planning a vacation can be fun, but it can also be stressful. What if something happens and you have to cancel your trip? What if you get sick while you’re away? These are just some things that can go wrong when you’re traveling. That’s why it’s essential to have an Allianz travel insurance plan. Allianz is one of the biggest travel insurance providers globally, and they offer a variety of insurance plans to choose from. This guide will discuss Allianz’s plans and help you decide which is right for you!
- Who Is Allianz?
- What Is Allianz Travel Insurance, And How Does It Work?
- How Much Does Allianz Travel Insurance Cost?
- What Are The Benefits Of Purchasing Travel Insurance?
- Is Allianz Travel Insurance Worth It?
- How Do I Purchase Allianz Travel Insurance?
- Types of Allianz Travel Insurance Plans
- How to Choose the Right Plan
- Covered Reasons for Trip Cancellation and Interruption
- Single Trip vs. Annual Trip Insurance Benefits
- Trip Delay Vs. Cancellation Insurance Benefits
- Benefits Offered
- How to Get a Quote
- How to Make a Claim
- Allianz Travel Insurance Review
- Compare Allianz Global Assistance Services With Other Providers
- Allianz Travel Insurance Quotes
- Frequently Asked Questions
Who Is Allianz?
Allianz is a leading travel insurance provider. They are headquartered in Germany and have been in business for over 100 years. Allianz offers various plans, so it is sure to meet your needs.
What Is Allianz Travel Insurance, And How Does It Work?
Allianz Travel Insurance is insurance that you can purchase for your trip. It will cover cancellations, medical emergencies, baggage delays, and lost luggage. You can buy comprehensive travel insurance plans through their website, an insurance agent (like The Annuity Expert), or a travel agent.
Allianz insurance benefits have different plans that offer different levels of coverage. The most basic plan, the Allianz Basic Plan, covers trip cancellation, trip interruption, medical expenses, lost luggage, and more. The Allianz Deluxe Plan covers rental car damage, travel delays, and missed connections. Finally, the Allianz Premium Plan is their most comprehensive plan and includes all of the features of the other two plans, plus additional coverages like emergency evacuation and 24-hour assistance.
How Much Does Allianz Travel Insurance Cost?
The cost of Allianz travel insurance plans will depend on a few factors, including the length of your trip, the destination, and the plan you choose. The Allianz Basic Plan costs $14 daily for trips up to 30 days. The Allianz Deluxe Plan starts at $23 per day, and the Allianz Premium Plan starts at $31 per day.
What Are The Benefits Of Purchasing Travel Insurance?
There are many insurance benefits to purchasing travel insurance plans. First, knowing that you are covered if something goes wrong on your trip will give you peace of mind. Second, it can save you money if you have to cancel your trip or if you have an emergency while you’re away. Third, it will give you access to 24-hour assistance to get help if needed.
Is Allianz Travel Insurance Worth It?
Travel Insurance with Allianz is worth it for many people. Traveling to a foreign country or going on a long trip is incredibly worth it. Allianz is a reputable company with over 100 years of experience. They offer a variety of plans to find the one that best meets your needs. In addition, an Allianz travel insurance plan is affordable, starting at just $14 per day.
How Do I Purchase Allianz Travel Insurance?
You can purchase Allianz Travel Insurance through their website or from an insurance agent. If you buy it through their website, you must enter your trip information and choose your desired plan. If you purchase it through a travel agent, they will help you choose the right plan for your needs.
No matter where you purchase your Allianz Travel Insurance, read the fine print to understand what insurance benefits underwritten are covered and what are not.
Now that you know more about Allianz travel insurance plans, you can decide if it’s right. Allianz is an excellent option if you’re looking for a reputable company with various plans. They are also affordable, starting at just $14 per day. So, if you’re looking for trip insurance, check out Allianz!
Types of Allianz Travel Insurance Plans
Allianz offers several travel insurance plans, each with unique features and benefits. Here are some of the most popular plans:
- Basic Plan: This plan offers essential travel protection, including trip cancellation, interruption, and emergency medical and dental coverage.
- Classic Plan: The Classic Plan includes all the coverage of the Basic Plan, plus additional benefits such as baggage loss and delay, travel delay, and 24-hour hotline assistance.
- Premier Plan: This is Allianz’s most comprehensive plan, providing coverage for all the benefits of the Classic Plan, plus rental car damage protection and identity theft resolution services.
- OneTrip Prime: This plan is designed for travelers who want the highest level of protection available, including trip cancellation for any reason, trip interruption, emergency medical and dental coverage, and more.
How to Choose the Right Plan
When choosing a plan, you must consider what travel insurance coverage you need. For example, do you need emergency medical coverage? Do you need coverage for trip cancellation? These are just some of the things you’ll need to consider. Once you know what type of coverage you need, you can compare the different plans offered by Allianz and choose the one that’s right for you!
- Rental Car Coverage: If renting a car, you can buy insurance from Allianz to cover you for up to $50,000 if something happens to the car. It costs $11 per day.
- AllTrips Basic: If you want coverage for your trip, no matter where you go, the AllTrips Basic plan is a good option. The plan includes benefits like baggage coverage and rental car damage and theft coverage. It’s perfect for weekend getaways, road trips, and business travel. However, remember that the plan does not include trip cancellation/interruption coverage.
- OneTrip Prime: OneTrip Prime is an excellent vacation choice because it includes vital benefits like trip cancellation/interruption, emergency medical, and emergency transportation. Suppose you have to cancel your trip for a covered reason. In that case, Trip Cancellation benefits can reimburse your prepaid, nonrefundable expenses like vacation rental, transportation, and campground reservations. Pre-existing medical condition coverage is available too. Kids 17 and under are covered for free when traveling with a parent or grandparent.
- OneTrip Premier: OneTrip Premier offers more benefits than OneTrip Prime. Your family will be protected with up to $50,000 in emergency medical benefits and up to $1 million in emergency transportation benefits. If you must cancel your trip, Trip Cancellation Benefits can reimburse your prepaid expenses like vacation rental, resort fees, and transportation costs. In addition, kids 17 and under are free when traveling with a parent or grandparent. OneTrip Premier offers a $100 payment if something goes wrong with your trip and you must delay or cancel. You don’t need to provide any receipts to get this payment. In addition, if renting a car, you can upgrade your plan to include the OneTrip Rental Car Protector.
- OneTrip Emergency Medical/Dental: OneTrip Emergency Medical is a flexible and affordable option that includes emergency medical and transportation benefits, as well as benefits for travel delays, missed connections, and lost/stolen or damaged baggage. This plan is designed for travelers with few prepaid expenses and does not include trip cancellation or interruption benefits.
- OneTrip Cancellation Protection: If you must cancel, interrupt, or delay your trip due to a covered emergency, our OneTrip Cancellation Plus plan will protect your investment. This plan covers trip cancellation, trip interruption, and travel delay. So you can worry less and enjoy your trip knowing you’re covered if something unexpected happens. In addition, if you must cancel your trip, we may reimburse you for prepaid, nonrefundable expenses like a vacation rental, transportation, and campground reservations.
- AllTrips Executive: The AllTrips Executive Plan is designed to help you when you have to travel for work. If something happens and you must cancel your trip or get sick while you’re away, the plan will help. You’ll also be covered if your luggage is lost or stolen or your rental car is damaged. One of the AllTrips Executive Plan’s unique features is that it includes business equipment insurance. So if your equipment is lost, stolen, damaged, or delayed by an airline or other carrier, you can be reimbursed for the reasonable costs. The AllTrips Executive Plan also covers personal travel/vacations.
Covered Reasons for Trip Cancellation and Interruption
Allianz Travel Insurance covers a wide range of trip cancellations and interruptions. Some of the covered reasons include:
- Sickness, injury, or death of you, a family member, or a traveling companion.
- Severe weather that causes complete cessation of services of your common carrier for at least 24 hours.
- Terrorism or mandatory evacuation at your destination.
- Unforeseen circumstances such as a natural disaster or a strike that causes complete cessation of services of your common carrier for at least 24 hours.
- Jury duty or a subpoena that cannot be postponed or waived.
- A job loss that causes you to cancel your trip.
Allianz Travel Insurance also offers a Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) option, allowing you to cancel your trip for any reason and receive up to 75% of your nonrefundable trip costs.
Single Trip vs. Annual Trip Insurance Benefits
Trip Delay Vs. Cancellation Insurance Benefits
The following benefits could be offered in various plans.
- Epidemic Coverage Endorsement: The Epidemic Coverage Endorsement page in your plan details the specific reasons you can be reimbursed for prepaid, nonrefundable, unused trip costs if you cancel your trip. These reasons include being diagnosed with an epidemic disease such as COVID-19.
- Trip Cancellation: If you cancel your trip for a covered reason, the OneTrip Premier Plan will reimburse your prepaid, nonrefundable expenses. This is the only plan from Allianz Global Assistance that includes an NOAA hurricane warning as a covered reason for trip cancellation. Please read your plan documents for details.
- Trip Interruption: The insurance company will reimburse you for your trip’s unused, nonrefundable portion and the increased transportation costs it takes to return home. This will happen if there is a covered reason.
- Emergency Medical: The insurance policy will cover you for any medical or dental emergencies that happen while you are on your trip. The maximum amount that will be covered for dental expenses is $750.
- Emergency Medical Transportation: This insurance policy will help pay for emergency medical transportation to the nearest hospital or appropriate facility following a covered illness or injury.
- Baggage Loss/Damage: This insurance will help you if your baggage or personal effects are lost, damaged, or stolen.
- Baggage Delay: If your baggage is delayed or lost by a common carrier for 12 hours or more, you can be reimbursed for the reasonable additional purchase of essential items during your trip. (Receipts for emergency purchases are required.) You can also receive a fixed inconvenience payment of $100 after a covered baggage delay, with no receipts required (just proof of delay).
- Travel Delay: If your trip is delayed for three or more hours, and it’s because of a covered reason, you may get up to $200 per day per person to cover additional travel and lost prepaid expenses. In addition, you may be reimbursed for additional transportation expenses if you miss your cruise or tour because of a covered delay. You can also receive a fixed inconvenience payment of $100 per day after a covered travel delay without needing receipts.
- SmartBenefits: If you have a travel or baggage delay, you can receive a fixed inconvenience payment of $100 per person daily. You don’t need to provide receipts – proof that the delay occurred. If your travel delay happens on a flight monitored by Allianz Global Assistance, you will automatically receive the payment. In addition, you can submit your flight itinerary online.
- Sports Traveler: Reimburses you for prepaid sports fees if you have to cancel or interrupt your trip. The amount you get depends on the maximum benefit amount listed in your plan documents, minus any refunds you might get.
- Sporting Equipment Loss: If your sporting equipment is damaged or lost while traveling, this insurance will reimburse you for the repair or replacement cost up to a certain amount.
- Sporting Equipment Rental: If your rental sports equipment is lost, stolen, damaged, or delayed, this insurance will cover the cost of renting replacement equipment. The amount that will be reimbursed depends on your policy documents.
- Vehicle Return: If you cannot drive your car for a covered reason, this insurance will reimburse you for the reasonable costs of returning it to your primary residence.
- Adventure & Sports Exclusion Change: Waives exclusions for some losses if you participate in certain higher-risk sports, like bungee jumping, caving, repelling, or spelunking, and diving at depths greater than 30 feet (free diving) or 100 feet (scuba diving) during your trip.
- 24-Hr Hotline Assistance: You will never have to travel alone if you have an Allianz Global Assistance policy. Allianz’s multilingual assistance team is available 24/7 to help with any covered emergencies you might experience while traveling. In addition, they can help you find local medical and legal professionals, send a message home, help re-book your flight and hotel arrangements, and assist with many other issues that might arise while you’re on vacation.
- Concierge: This application provides personalized information about your destination. It can help you make restaurant reservations, tee times, and event tickets.
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions: If you, a traveling companion, or a family member have a medical condition, your plan may provide coverage. They call this a pre-existing medical condition. This means that within 120 days before and including the purchase date of this policy, the person had an injury, illness, or other medical condition.
How to Get a Quote
Getting a quote from Allianz is easy! You can either call them or get a quote online. First, visit their website and enter your trip information to get a quote online. You’ll then see the different plans they offer and compare them side-by-side.
How to Make a Claim
You can call Allianz or submit your claim online if you need to make a claim. You’ll need to log in to your account and follow the instructions to submit your claim online. You’ll then be able to upload any supporting documentation and track the status of your claim.
Allianz Travel Insurance Review
We think Allianz is an excellent option for travel insurance and is one of the world’s largest insurance companies. They offer a variety of plans to choose from, so you can find the one that’s right for you. They also offer discounts on their policies, so take advantage of them! Overall, we highly recommend Allianz for your travel insurance needs.
Compare Allianz Global Assistance Services With Other Providers
So, which plan is right for you? It all depends on your needs. You might want to consider the Elite Plan if you’re a cautious traveler. But the Standard Plan might be better if you’re on a budget. Whichever plan you choose, Allianz Travel Insurance products will give you peace of mind knowing that you’re covered if something goes wrong on your trip.
Allianz Travel Insurance Quotes
Feel free to contact us for an Allianz travel insurance insurance quote. The service is free of charge.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Allianz’s travel insurance cover?
Allianz’s travel insurance covers various things, including missed flights, lost luggage, emergency medical transportation, trip cancellations, and delays. But, of course, it depends on your policy as to what exactly is covered. You can learn more about Allianz’s policies by visiting its website.
Does Allianz travel insurance offer cancel for any reason coverage?
No, Allianz does not offer cancel for any reason coverage. However, they do offer trip interruption and trip cancellation coverage.
How much does Allianz’s travel insurance cost?
The cost of Allianz Global Assistance plans depends on various factors, including the length of your trip, your destination, and the type of coverage you need. You can get a quote online or by calling their customer service number.
What is the rating for Allianz travel insurance?
Allianz has a rating of A+ from the Better Business Bureau.
How does Allianz travel insurance compare to other companies?
Allianz is one of the leading providers of travel insurance. They offer a variety of plans, so you can find one that’s right for you. Plus, they have 24-hour customer service and various resources on their website.
How do I get a refund from Allianz?
Yes, Allianz is a reputable company. They are one of the leading providers of travel insurance and insurance and have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Is Allianz a reputable company?
Yes, Allianz is a reputable company. They are one of the leading providers of travel insurance and insurance and have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Does Allianz’s travel insurance cover the weather?
No, Allianz’s travel insurance does not cover the weather. However, they do offer trip interruption and trip cancellation coverage.
Is Allianz Global Assistance legit?
Allianz Global Assistance is a fair policy that provides travel insurance and assistance services. They are one of the leading providers of these services and have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. You can purchase their policies online or call their customer service at 1-866-884-3556.
What is epidemic coverage endorsement?
The endorsement of the epidemic coverage is an optional add-on to the Allianz Global Assistance travel insurance policy. It provides coverage for nonrefundable trip expenses if you need to cancel your trip due to a government-issued travel advisory.
What does personal health insurance not include?
Personal health insurance policies do not cover evacuation due to political unrest or natural disasters.
Does Allianz cover baggage delays?
Yes, Allianz does cover baggage delays. If your bags are delayed for more than 12 hours, you can receive up to $500 per person ($100 per day) for necessary expenses. You must submit a Baggage Delay Claim form and supporting documentation to receive reimbursement.
Does Allianz cover trip cancellation?
The coverage provided by Allianz for trip cancellation depends on the specific travel insurance policy you have purchased. Therefore, it’s best to review the policy details and speak with an Allianz representative to determine if trip cancellation is covered and under what circumstances.
Does Allianz cover the weather?
The coverage provided by Allianz for weather-related issues depends on the specific travel insurance policy you have purchased. Some policies may cover trip cancellations or delays due to inclement weather, while others may not. It’s best to review the policy details and speak with an Allianz representative to determine if weather-related issues are covered and under what circumstances.
*Disclosure: Some of the links in this guide may be affiliate links. I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you purchase a policy. It helps us keep the lights on!