Possibility of Denial Due to Mental Health
Yes, you can be denied life insurance due to mental health conditions. This typically depends on the severity and history of your mental health issues.
Criteria for Approval
- Well-Controlled Condition: Insurers look favorably on conditions that are well-managed.
- Regular Doctor Visits: Demonstrating consistent medical follow-up is crucial.
- Adherence to Treatment: Following doctor’s orders and treatment plans is essential.
Factors Influencing Insurance Decisions
- Type of Mental Health Issue: Certain conditions are viewed more critically than others.
- History of Hospitalizations: Frequent hospitalizations may impact the insurer’s decision.
- Medication Stability: Long-term stability on medications can be a positive sign.
- Overall Health: General health apart from mental health is also considered.
- A person with well-managed anxiety, regularly visiting a therapist, and stable on medication might be approved.
- Conversely, someone with a recent history of severe depression and multiple hospitalizations might face challenges.
While a history of mental health issues can lead to denial, many factors like control, treatment adherence, and overall health play a role. Ensuring regular follow-ups and treatment adherence can improve your chances of approval.
Contact us today for a free quote.
Request A Quote
Get help or a quote from a licensed financial professional. This service is free of charge.