A 401k plan is a retirement savings plan sponsored by employers, allowing employees to save and invest a portion of their paycheck before taxes are taken out. Upon retirement, there are several options for managing your 401k:
- Leave It and Withdraw as Needed:
- Wealth Manager Management:
- Hiring a wealth manager to manage your 401k can simplify the process.
- They can create a strategy for distributing retirement income.
- This option involves management fees.
- Roll Over to an IRA Fixed Index Annuity with Guaranteed Lifetime Withdrawal Benefit (GLWB):
Comparison of 401k Management Options
|Leave It and Withdraw as Needed
|Flexibility, No extra fees
|Requires self-management, Tax on withdrawals
|Wealth Manager Management
|Professional guidance, Simplified process
|IRA Fixed Index Annuity with GLWB
|Guaranteed income, Market protection, Lower fees
|Less flexibility, Annuity-specific rules
When you retire, you can either leave your 401k and withdraw as needed, have it managed by a wealth manager, or roll it over into an IRA fixed index annuity with GLWB. Each option has its benefits and drawbacks, from flexibility and professional management to guaranteed lifetime income and savings protection. The best choice depends on your individual retirement goals and financial situation.
Contact us today for a free quote.
Request A Quote
Get help or a quote from a licensed financial professional. This service is free of charge.