This guide will explain how much money you need to be saved to retire with $50k a year in income.
- If you are close to transitioning to retirement, check our Retirement Planning Guide.
- If you are not close to transitioning to retirement, check out our Guaranteed Retirement Income Guide.
How Much Do You Need To Retire With $50,000 a Year In Income?
After researching 326 annuity products from 57 insurance companies, our data calculated that $952,381 would immediately generate $50,000 annually for the rest of a person’s life starting at age 60, guaranteed. Our data calculated that $869,565 would immediately generate $50,000 annually for life starting at age 65. Our data calculated that $800,000 would immediately generate $50,000 annually for life starting at age 70.
The table below illustrates how much money you will need to invest today to generate $50k annually for life, guaranteed. We use an annuity to calculate the investment amount since they are the only retirement plan to guarantee an income for life. The starting age is on the left, and the retirement age is at the top.
This does not include Social Security Benefits.
Why Buy An Annuity?
Annuities are the only retirement plan in the United States that provides a guarantee of income, even if the funds run out. These plans help you manage your expenses from day to day and never leave you worrying about running out of money, no matter how many years go by.
Find Out How Much You Need Saved To Generate $50k Annually
Retirement Income Guides
- How Much Money Do I Need To Retire?
- Is 5 Million Enough To Retire At 60?
- How To Retire On 4 Million Dollars?
- How to Retire With $3 Million?
- Can You Retire On 2 Million Dollars?
- Can I Retire At 60 With $1.5 Million?
- How To Retire On $1 Million.
- Can I Retire At 60 With $500k?
- What Annuity Will $250k Buy?
- How To Retire On $200K.
- What Is the Monthly Income From My 401k?
- How Much Should I Have in Retirement at 40?
I’m a licensed financial professional. I’ve sold annuities and insurance for more than a decade. My former role was training financial advisors, including for a Fortune Global 500 insurance company. I’ve been featured in Time Magazine, Yahoo! Finance, MSN, SmartAsset, Entrepreneur, Bloomberg, The Simple Dollar, U.S. News and World Report, and Women’s Health Magazine.
My goal is to help you take the guesswork out of retirement planning or find the best insurance coverage at the cheapest rates for you.