Do you want no health questions or life insurance? It’s no secret that some people avoid purchasing life insurance because they are afraid of being asked about their medical history. The truth is, no matter how healthy a person may be, there is no way to guarantee that they will not develop an illness or disease in the future. This means having a policy with no health questions can’t hurt! Learn more about these policies and find out if they suit you in this guide.
- What is No Health Questions Life Insurance?
- No Health Questions Life Insurance Has Guaranteed Approval
- How No Health Questions Life Insurance Works
- No Health Questions Life Insurance
- Alternatives to Life Insurance with No Questions About Health
- How to Apply for Life Insurance with No Health Questions
- No Health Questions Life Insurance Companies (We Recommend)
- Next Steps
- Need Help Getting Life Insurance Coverage?
What is No Health Questions Life Insurance?
No health questions life insurance is a type of life insurance where you do not have to take a medical exam. You can buy it without any health questions.
No medical questions life insurance is also known as:
- guaranteed issue life insurance
- guaranteed acceptance life insurance
- final expense
- accidental death insurance
No Health Questions Life Insurance Has Guaranteed Approval
You cannot be turned down with guaranteed issue life insurance (GI) and accidental life insurance, even if you have severe preexisting medical conditions.
In general, you do not want to get guaranteed issue life insurance first. However, it would help if you explored other types of life insurance before getting this type because the premiums can be more expensive.
Life insurance companies know that most people who apply for a life insurance policy have problems with their health.
Instead of asking you if you are healthy, they charge you more.
How No Health Questions Life Insurance Works
Guaranteed Life Insurance Coverage Are Smaller Amounts
When you buy life insurance, the size of your policy will be smaller if you don’t answer questions about your health.
Life insurance companies are in the business of taking on risk. They take risks by insuring people with serious health problems, like cancer. The following are examples of taking on more risk:
Policies are limited to smaller face amounts because you might be a high risk for the insurance companies.
You can expect your insurance policy to be between $1,000 and $40,000.
It would be best if you were careful, so you don’t pay more in insurance premiums than your policy is worth.
A Waiting Period
Your beneficiaries might have to wait a few years before getting the total amount.
Carriers will only pay your beneficiaries a certain amount of the death benefit or return your premium payments within the first couple of years. This is called a graded death benefit and is common in life insurance when someone is terminally ill.
This is often a way for the life insurance companies to protect themselves against paying a full life benefit on people who are very sick and die shortly afterward.
After the graded benefit period, your beneficiaries will get the full death benefit.
You must be between 40 and 85 years old to qualify for this policy.
Although most of the guaranteed issue companies require you to be at least 45 years old.
Since you are buying life insurance with no questions about your health, the application process will be instant.
Here is the guaranteed issue life insurance application process:
- First, decide the policy face amount you would like.
- Next, enter your basic personal information: date of birth, social security number, address, etc.
- Record your beneficiary information.
- Make the first payment and establish a payment schedule.
No Health Questions Life Insurance
Select “Final Expense” as your life insurance type.
Alternatives to Life Insurance with No Questions About Health
Guaranteed-issue life insurance is a good option ONLY if you do not qualify for other types of life insurance.
It’s best if you research life insurance with no medical exams required. No physical life insurance means you don’t have to take an exam, but you do have to answer health questions.
For example, other types of insurance do not require a physical exam but will have some health questions.
- No medical exam term life insurance and whole life insurance
- Simplified issued life insurance (only asks a few health questions, a phone interview, but no medical exam)
- Annuities with Enhanced Death Benefits (Last Resort)
How to Apply for Life Insurance with No Health Questions
- Fill out an instant quote and compare plans for yourself.
- Fill out an instant quote and have someone find the right policy for you.
- Be ready to input your personal information, such as name, address, social security number, and beneficiary information.
A life insurance policy with no health questions may be the perfect fit. However, evaluate your needs and options for the best price and coverage.
No Health Questions Life Insurance Companies (We Recommend)
A life insurance policy with no health questions is a guaranteed issue plan with a graded benefit in the first two years. This means for the first two years, you would only receive the premiums you put in plus 10%. The third year of your policy is when the full death benefit is received. Depending on your state, ages range from 0-85.
- American General and Gerber is our recommendation for this type of product.
- They are A-rated.
- Guarantee issue life insurance is a great way to get coverage if you have health issues that make it challenging to qualify for traditional life insurance.
- The tradeoff for this type of policy is that it generally has a high premium and low death benefit, but it can be a great way to get coverage if needed.
Disclaimer: We have licensed life insurance agents for American General and Gerber. If you need a quote or want to apply, contact us below. There is no charge for the service. However, we strongly discourage applying without the assistance of an agent because if you apply on your own and get declined coverage, for whatever reason, no other life insurance company will consider you for coverage for approximately two years.
No health questions, life insurance is an excellent option for people who want to be covered in case of an unexpected death but don’t want to go through the hassle of taking a medical exam. If you are interested in this type of coverage, contact us, and we would be happy to provide you with a quote. We have various policies available, so we are sure to have one that fits your needs. Thanks for reading!
Need Help Getting Life Insurance Coverage?
If you have a preexisting medical condition and want to buy life insurance, you will need help from an expert. This person can help ensure you get coverage so you don’t get declined.
Warning: Applying for life insurance without a medical exam can be risky. If you are declined coverage, it could be at least two years before you can get any life insurance.