Compare banks across the United States, including high yield savings accounts, CD rates, money market accounts, and fixed annuity rates. This guide includes credit unions, online banks, large financial institutions, and regional banks. Our mission to allow you to find the best-fixed rate high-yield savings account to grow your money in an easy, convenient way.
This guide is ideal for:
- Conservative investors are seeking the best Certificate of Deposit (CD) today.
- Retirees wanting the highest CD rates for a fixed income.
- Savers seeking the best high yield savings account or money market account.
- Investors wanting to compare certificates of deposit and fixed annuities to find the highest fixed interest rate.
Investors will be able to sort by:
- Annual Percentage Yield (APY) to find the best rate.
- Financial Institution, Credit Unions, and Online Banks
- Term of the CD (Short-term and long-term)
- Use our annuity calculator to solve your rate of return.
- The Best CD Rates At Banks and Credit Unions
- Popular CD Rates Searches
- The Best High Yield Savings Account Rates At Banks and Credit Unions
- The Best Money Market Rates At Banks and Credit Unions
- Popular Money Market Searches
- Best CD Rates By Term
- Best CD Rates By State
- Which Accounts Offers The Best Bank Rates?
The Best CD Rates At Banks and Credit Unions
Popular CD Rates Searches
- Wells Fargo CD Rates
- Ally Bank CD Rates
- Capital One CD Rates
- Synchrony Bank CD Rates
- Discover CD Rates
- Marcus CD Rates
- Citibank CD Rates
- Bank of America CD Rates
- TD Bank CD Rates
- Regions Bank CD Rates
- Fifth Third CD Rates
- BB&T CD Rates
- Keybank CD Rates
- USAA CD Rates
- State Farm Bank CD Rates
- BMO Harris CD Rates
- Chase Bank CD Rates
- Edward Jones CD Rates
- Suntrust CD Rates
Certificates of Deposit vs. Fixed Annuity
The Top Fixed Annuities
Fixed annuities offer a guaranteed return for a set amount of years, similar to a CD. Guaranteed crediting rates for the terms below:
- 2 YEAR TERM: 2.15%
- 3 YEAR TERM: 2.60%
- 4 YEAR TERM: 2.75%
- 5 YEAR TERM: 3.05%
- 7 YEAR TERM: 3.25%
- Grow your money as fast as possible
- Principal protection
- Interest rate is locked for the term you select
- Tax deferred growth
- Withdraw annually without penalty
- Lump sum death benefits
- Accepts cash, 401(k), and IRA Funds
What’s The Difference Between a Fixed Annuity and CD?
|Who Offers||Insurance Company||Banks|
|Premium Amounts||$2,500 to $1 Million||$500 – No Maximum|
|Terms||2 Years to 20 Years||3 Months to 7 Years|
|Guaranteed Interest Rates||Up to 3.25%||Up to 1.25%|
|Can Lose Money?||No||No|
|Liquid After Term||100%||100%|
|How Are Gains Taxed?||Tax-Deferred||Taxed Annually|
|Annual Liquidity||Up to 10% Annually||No Liquidity|
|Who Protects My Money?||Insurance Company/SGA||FDIC|
Are Annuities FDIC Insured?
Fixed annuities are not FDIC insured, but they have similar protections for your money. An annuity is an insurance policy guaranteed by the insurance company’s claims-paying ability. The insurance companies are members of the state insurance guarantee associations in each state where they do business. Each state insurance guarantee association protects consumers in the unlikely event that their insurance company fails and defaults on their obligations to their consumers (limits vary per state).
For example, Georgia insures up to $250,000 of the annuity’s cash value per insured life if the insurance company becomes insolvent and can not fulfill its obligations to the insured.
The Best High Yield Savings Account Rates At Banks and Credit Unions
The Best Money Market Rates At Banks and Credit Unions
Popular Money Market Searches
- State Farm Money Market Rates
- Suntrust Money Market Rates
- Ally Bank Money Market Rates
- Capital One Money Market Rates
- PNC Money Market Account
- Regions Money Market Rates
- Sallie Mae Money Money Market Rates
Compare the best-fixed annuity rates.
Disclaimer: I may receive a small referral fee if you purchase something using a link in this article.
Best CD Rates By Term
3 Month CD Rates
|Best 3-Month CD Rates||Rate||Term||Minimum|
|Spectrum Federal Credit Union||0.50% APY||3 Months||$500.00|
|Navy Federal Credit Union||0.40% APY||3 Months||$1,000.00|
|Chevron Federal Credit Union||0.50% APY||3 Months||$500.00|
6 Month CD Rates
|Best 6-Month CD Rates||Rate||Term||Minimum|
|CommunityWide FCU||0.70% APY||6 Months||$500.00|
|Lafayette Federal Credit Union||0.70% APY||7 Months||$500.00|
|Spectrum Federal Credit Union||0.50% APY||6 Months||$500.00|
1 Year CD Rates
|Best 12 Month CD Rates||Rate||Term||Minimum|
|Lafayette Federal Credit Union||0.80% APY||12 Months||$5,000.00|
|CommunityWide FCU||0.75% APY||12 Months||$1,000.00|
|Live Oak Credit Union||0.65% APY||12 Months||$2,500.00|
2 Year CD Rates
|Best 2-Year CD Rates||Rate||Term||Minimum|
|Lafayette Federal Credit Union||0.90% APY||24 Months||$500.00|
|CommunityWide FCU||0.80% APY||24 Months||$1,000.00|
|SILAC Fixed Annuity||2.15% APY||24 Months||$10,000.00|
|Oceanview Fixed Annuity||2.00% APY||24 Months||$20,000.00|
3 Year CD Rates
|Best 3-Year CD Rates||Rate||Term||Minimum|
|First National Bank of America||1.00% APY||36 Months||$1,000.00|
|Lafayette Federal Credit Union||1.01% APY||36 Months||$500.00|
|Canvas Annuity*||2.60% APY||36 Months||$2,500.00|
4 Year CD Rates
|Best 4-Year CD Rates||Rate||Term||Minimum|
|First National Bank of America||1.10% APY||48 Months||$1,000.00|
|Lafayette Federal Credit Union||1.16% APY||48 Months||$500.00|
|Oceanview Fixed Annuity||2.75% APY||48 Months||$20,000.00|
5 Year CD Rates
Best CD Rates By State
Which Accounts Offers The Best Bank Rates?
- Savings accounts offer higher rates than a checking account.
- Money market accounts offer higher rates than savings account.
- A Certificate of Deposit (CD) offers a higher rate than a money market account.
- A fixed annuity offers a higher rate than a CD.
- CDS are FDIC insured. Insurance Companies are insured by the State Guaranty Association.
I’m a licensed financial professional. I’ve sold annuities and insurance for more than a decade. My former role was training financial advisors, including for a Fortune Global 500 insurance company. I’ve been featured in Time Magazine, Yahoo! Finance, MSN, SmartAsset, Entrepreneur, Bloomberg, The Simple Dollar, U.S. News and World Report, and Women’s Health Magazine.
My goal is to help you take the guesswork out of retirement planning or find the best insurance coverage at the cheapest rates for you.