F&G Accelerator Plus 10 fixed index annuity is a 10-year retirement plan designed to help you:
- Maximize retirement income with guaranteed payments for life
- Preserve your savings with indexed growth potential and no downside market risk
- Leave a financial legacy with a death benefit for peace of mind
What is an annuity?
What is annuity? An annuity is a long-term retirement tool that can be a cornerstone of your financial security and success.
You pay a premium (think of it as your principal) to Fidelity and Guaranty Life and F&G provides an annuity contract with unique benefits to you.
An annuity protects and potentially builds your savings, with the option of converting them into scheduled income payments for retirement.
If you’re interested in an opportunity to grow your savings based on a market index–without the risk of actually participating in the market–a FIXED INDEXED ANNUITY may be a good choice for you.
Is Accelerator Plus 10 a good option for you?
Accelerator Plus 10 protects your savings from market risks while potentially giving you market-based growth with tax-deferred earnings. It is a long-term retirement planning product with these important features:
- We give you a bonus to your account that vests over 10 years.
- You can choose from several options for earning interest on your premium: one fixed interest option (with a guaranteed rate) and additional options tied to market indexes.
- Any growth of your savings is tax-deferred (you pay taxes only when you make withdrawals or receive income in the future).
- You have the option of guaranteed income for life.
- You’ll have full access to your account for unexpected health care costs, namely qualifying nursing or home health care, or in the event of a terminal illness. This benefit applies to conditions that arise one year or more after the contract begins.
- From day one you have death benefits for peace of mind.
- You may withdraw your money at any time. Withdrawals in year one, or withdrawals in years 2-10 of over 10% of your vested account value, will incur withdrawal charges.
Your choice for tax-deferred growth
You choose any combination of these potential interest-earning options:
- A fixed interest option (we set the rate annually; it’s guaranteed not to be below 1%)
- Several options tied to market indexes:
Each index option is subject to caps, participation rates, and/ or spreads.
The index options are linked to a market index, but you are not investing directly in the stock market or any index.
We protect you from downside risk, and you are guaranteed not to lose money due to market declines.
Each index option is available with or without a fee.
Index options with a fee may provide higher caps, participation rates, and declared rates, or lower spreads than options without fees.
The fee is 1.25% of the option’s account value.
At the end of each crediting period, any gains are locked in.
Accelerator Plus 10 gives you the option, for a fee, to receive scheduled income for life as Guaranteed Withdrawal Payments.
If you haven’t made excess withdrawals in any year, payments will never run out, no matter how long you live, even if your account value is depleted.
You may begin Guaranteed Withdrawal Payments any time after the first contract year if you are at least 50 years old.
The time to start is up to you, and you may stop income payments, and restart them later.
The payment amount is determined by the Income Base of your account at the time you begin withdrawal payments.
The Income Base is different from your account value and cannot be surrendered or withdrawn.
Your Guaranteed Withdrawal Payments may increase if you become impaired to the extent you are unable to perform at least two out of six activities of daily living.
These are defined terms and may vary from state to state.
Increased payments will continue until your account value is depleted or the impairment no longer qualifies you for the benefit.
Payments then revert to the Guaranteed Withdrawal Payment.
Your account value is paid as a lump sum death benefit.
Ability to withdraw
You may withdraw your money at any time.
We know you may have unexpected opportunities or expenses.
You’ll have penalty-free access to 10% of the vested account value in years 2-10.
Any other withdrawals will incur surrender charges and MVA.
The surrender charge in contract year one is 14% of the withdrawal, and this percentage decreases each year for 10 years.
The following states follow an alternative surrender charge schedule:
- FL (ages 65+)
In these states, the surrender charge in contract year one is 9% of the withdrawal, and this percentage decreases over 10 years
What is a Market Value Adjustment?
Any time a withdrawal incurs a surrender charge, an MVA will be made. The MVA is based on a formula that takes into account changes in the U.S. Treasury yields since the contract was issued. Generally, if treasury yields have risen, the MVA will decrease the surrender value; if they have fallen, the MVA will increase the surrender value. The MVA does not apply in AK and MO.
Access for unexpected health care costs
If you need home health or nursing home care, or in the event of terminal illness, you may access your account value with no surrender charges or Market Value Adjustment (MVA). The diagnosis of terminal illness, or the beginning of home health or nursing home care, must occur at least one year after the contract is issued. These are defined conditions, and this benefit may vary from state to state.
You don’t have to worry about outliving your assets – you always have the option of annuitizing your contract, which means turning your annuity into scheduled payments for life. If you keep your contract until its maturity date, you must annuitize it then. The maturity date of your Accelerator Plus 10 contract is set when the contract is issued.