F&G Power Accumulator 7 fixed indexed annuity is a 7-year retirement plan designed to help you:
- Preserve your savings with indexed growth potential and no downside market risk
- Meet expenses with access for qualifying health conditions and limited partial withdrawals
- Leave a financial legacy with a death benefit for peace of mind
What is an annuity?
What is an annuity? An annuity is a long-term retirement tool that can be a cornerstone of your financial security and success.
You pay a premium (think of it as your principal) to F&G and F&G provides an annuity contract with unique benefits to you.
An annuity protects and potentially builds your savings, with the option of converting them into scheduled income payments for retirement.
If you’re interested in an opportunity to grow your savings benchmarked to a market and Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) index – without the risk of actually participating in the market – this FIXED INDEXED ANNUITY may be a good choice for you.
What are Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)?
Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) trade like stocks but can track an index, like the S&P 500.
They can hold a basket of assets (stocks or bonds) in a sector, such as a commodity or area of the market.
They combine some of the features of stocks and mutual funds: the liquidity of stocks, and the diverse holdings of mutual funds.
You can benchmark the growth potential of your savings to any or all of the ETFs that are offered.
Your savings are never directly invested in the ETFs.
BLACKROCK PROVIDES EXPERIENCED MANAGEMENT
BlackRock draws on the knowledge of its investment teams in 30 countries to professionally manage the largest investment fund in the world. It is the world’s largest provider of ETFs, managing over 6.5 trillion dollars of assets (1st Q 2019).
YOU CAN TAILOR YOUR CHOICE TO YOUR OWN PREFERENCES
If you have an interest in a particular area of the market, you may accommodate it – with the benefit of diversification in that sector.
Is F&G Power Accumulator 7 a good option for you?
F&G Power Accumulator 7 protects your savings from market risks while potentially giving you market-based growth with tax-deferred earnings.
It is a long-term retirement planning product with these important features:
- Your account will never lose value due to market declines; your savings are protected from downside risks.
- You can choose from several options for potential growth: one fixed interest option (with a guaranteed rate) and additional options benchmarked to ETFs and an index.
- Any growth of your savings is tax-deferred (you pay taxes only when you make withdrawals or receive income in the future).
- At any time before maturity, you may add more premium to your account value.
- You’ll have full access to your account for unexpected health care costs, namely qualifying home health or nursing home care, or in the event of terminal illness. This benefit applies to conditions that arise one year or more after the contract begins.
- From day one you have a death benefit for peace of mind.
- You may withdraw your money at any time. Withdrawals in year one, or withdrawals in years 2-10 of over 10% of your account value, will incur withdrawal charges.
Your choice for tax-deferred growth
You choose any combination of these potential interest-earning options:
- A fixed interest option (we set the rate annually; it’s guaranteed not to be below 1%)
- Several options benchmarked to ETFs:
- An option benchmarked to an index:
Each option is subject to participation rates and/or spreads.
You are not investing directly in the index or ETF.
We protect you from downside market risk, and you are guaranteed not to lose money due to market declines.
At the end of each crediting period, any gains are locked in.
Access for unexpected health care costs
If you need home health or nursing home care, or in the event of terminal illness, you may access your total account value with no surrender charges or Market Value Adjustment (MVA). The diagnosis of terminal illness, or the beginning of home health or nursing home care, must occur at least one year after the contract is issued. These are defined conditions, and this benefit may vary from state to state.
Your account value is paid as a lump sum death benefit to the beneficiary you name in your contract. You have the comfort of leaving a fund that your beneficiary will receive directly and have access to without delay.
Ability to withdraw
You may withdraw your money at any time. We know you may have unexpected opportunities or expenses. You’ll have penalty-free access to 10% of the total account value in years 2-7. Any other withdrawals will incur surrender charges and an MVA. The surrender charge in contract year one is 9% of the withdrawal, and this percentage decreases each year over 10 years. The following states follow an alternate surrender charge schedule:
- FL (issue ages 65+)
In these states, the surrender charge in contract year one is 9% of the withdrawal, and this percentage decreases over 7 years.
What is a Market Value Adjustment?
Any time a withdrawal incurs a surrender charge, an MVA will be made. The MVA is based on a formula that takes into account changes in the U.S. Treasury yields since the contract was issued. Generally, if treasury yields have risen, the MVA will decrease the surrender value; if they have fallen, the MVA will increase the surrender value. The MVA does not apply in the following states:
You don’t have to worry about outliving your assets – you can turn your annuity into scheduled income payments for life on its maturity date. The maturity date of your FG Power Accumulator 7 annuity is set when it is issued.