The F&G Prosperity Elite 7 fixed indexed annuity is a 7-year retirement plan designed to help you:
- Maximize retirement income with guaranteed payments for life
- Preserve your savings with indexed growth potential and no downside market risk
- Leave a financial legacy with a death benefit for peace of mind
What is an annuity?
What is an annuity? An annuity is a long-term retirement tool that can be a cornerstone of your financial security and success.
You pay a premium (think of it as your principal) to F&G and F&G provides an annuity contract with unique benefits to you.
An annuity protects and potentially builds your savings, with the option of converting them into scheduled income payments for retirement.
If you’re interested in an opportunity to grow your savings based on a market index–without the risk of actually participating in the market–a FIXED INDEXED ANNUITY may be a good choice for you.
Is Prosperity Elite 7 a good option for you?
Fidelity and Guaranty’s Prosperity Elite 7 Annuity protects your savings from market risks while potentially giving you market-based growth with tax-deferred earnings. It is a long-term retirement planning product with these important features:
- We give you a bonus to your account.
- You can choose from several options for earning interest on your premium: one fixed interest option (with a guaranteed rate) and additional options tied to market indexes.
- Any growth of your savings is tax-deferred (you pay taxes only when you make withdrawals or receive income in the future).
- You have the option of guaranteed income for life.
- You’ll have full access to your account for unexpected health care costs, namely qualifying nursing or home health care, or in the event of a terminal illness. This benefit applies to conditions that arise one year or more after the contract begins.
- From day one you have death benefits for peace of mind.
- You may withdraw your money at any time. Withdrawals in year one, or withdrawals in years 2+ of over 10% of your vested account value, will incur withdrawal charges.
Your choice for tax-deferred growth
You choose any combination of these potential interest-earning options:
- A fixed interest option (we set the rate annually; it’s guaranteed not to be below 1%)
- Several options tied to market indexes:
Each of the index options is subject to caps, participation rates, and/or spreads.
The index options are linked to a market index, but you are not investing directly in the stock market or any index.
We protect you from downside risk, and you are guaranteed not to lose money due to market declines.
At the end of each crediting period, any gains are locked in.
The availability of the index options vary from state to state, so please check with your financial or insurance professional.
Guaranteed income under the Protection Package
If you have selected the Protection Package, you may receive scheduled income for life as Guaranteed Withdrawal Payments.
If you haven’t made excess withdrawals in any year, payments will never run out, no matter how long you live, even if your account value is depleted.
You may begin Guaranteed Withdrawal Payments any time after the first contract year, if you are at least 50 years old.
The time to start is up to you, and you may stop income payments, and restart them later.
The payment amount is determined by the Income Base of your account at the time you begin withdrawal payments.
The Income Base is different from your account value and cannot be surrendered or withdrawn.
Your Guaranteed Withdrawal Payments may increase if you become impaired to the extent you are unable to perform at least two out of six activities of daily living.
These are defined terms and may vary from state to state.
Increased payments will continue until your account value is depleted or the impairment no longer qualifies you for the benefit.
Payments then revert to the original guaranteed income payment.
Prior withdrawals reduce guaranteed income amounts.
The Enhancement Package death benefit is always paid as a lump sum, while the Protection Package offers either a lump sum or payments over time. Prior withdrawals reduce death benefit amounts.
Access for unexpected health care costs
If you need home health or nursing home care, or in the event of terminal illness, you may access your account value with no surrender charges or Market Value Adjustment (MVA). The diagnosis of terminal illness, or the beginning of home health or nursing home care, must occur at least one year after the contract is issued. These are defined conditions, and this benefit may vary from state to state.
Ability to withdraw
You may withdraw your money at any time. We know you may have unexpected opportunities or expenses. You’ll have penalty-free access to 10% of the vested account value in years 2+. Any other withdrawals will incur withdrawal charges. These consist of surrender charges and MVA.
What is a Required Minimum Distribution?
An RMD is an amount that qualified plan participants must begin withdrawing at age 72. RMDs are required in order to avoid a penalty from the IRS and will be taxed as regular income. If you need to withdraw above the annual penalty-free withdrawal amount for the purpose of an RMD, F&G will waive any surrender charges and market value adjustments.
What is a Market Value Adjustment?
Any time a withdrawal incurs a surrender charge, an MVA will be made. The MVA is based on a formula that takes into account changes in the rates since the contract was issued. Generally, if rates have risen, the MVA will decrease the surrender value; if they have fallen, the MVA will increase the surrender value. The MVA does not apply in IL and MO.
Life Insurance Alternative
If you’re seeking to enhance a death benefit for estate planning purposes, also shop and compare life insurance quotes too. It’s rare we don’t find a solution. Life Insurance is tax-free for beneficiaries while annuities are tax-deferred for beneficiaries.