As a Fixed Indexed Annuity, FIT Rewards Growth helps to boost your retirement savings through an interest crediting process of interest that is based, in part, on the change in an index.
This “indexing” approach can offer you greater accumulation potential than fixed annuities or other fixed-interest products that typically have limited upside opportunities.
About National Life Group
A closer look at Fixed Indexed Annuities (FIAs)
A fixed indexed annuity is a type of annuity contract that can credit interest based on the performance of an index, like the S&P 500, without actually participating in the stock market.
Fixed Indexed Annuities Can Provide:
- Tax Deferral
- Guaranteed Accumulation Value
- Guaranteed safety of premiums paid and interest earned
- Potential for higher interest crediting than traditional fixed annuities
- Death Benefit Protection – upon death, the accumulated value passes to your beneficiaries
The Power of Tax Deferral
Annuities receive a tax benefit in the form of tax deferral on earnings. This means that the interest you are credited with today won’t be taxed until you decide to withdraw it and can help further build your retirement savings.
Already saving pre-tax?
If you are already saving through an IRA, 403(b) or 457, these plans allow you to save pre-tax and defer taxes on the interest you earn.
The FIT Rewards Growth annuity may be a good choice for your qualified retirement plan.
Remember, annuities offer the benefit of guaranteed accumulation, guaranteed safety of premiums and earnings, and with FIT Rewards Growth, a guaranteed immediate interest credit for your premiums paid in the first eight policy years.
How Your Annuity Grows
- Step 1: You pay a premium to the insurance company.
- Step 2: Each month your premiums are held at interest until they are swept into the crediting strategies of your choice. The Participation Rates, Caps, Threshold, and Declared Rate applicable for the next year are determined at this time.
- Step 3: For the Declared crediting strategy, interest is credited daily for the next year.
For the other crediting strategies, on the first anniversary of the sweep date, we determine if any indexed interest will be credited based on movements in that index over the one-year period and adjusted for the Participation Rates, Caps, and Threshold determined at the beginning of the year.
For all of our indexed interest crediting strategies, you can never earn less than zero percent interest.
Increases in your interest accounts are locked-in every year and you can never lose interest previously credited.
Benefits and Features
Your FIT Rewards Growth Annuity provides many additional benefits at no additional cost, such as:
Nursing Care and Terminal Illness Riders
(in states where approved)
These riders give you peace of mind knowing that in case of a qualifying medical event, you can access up to $250,000 of your money at any time without paying a withdrawal charge.
10% Free Withdrawal
We know there are times when you may need to access your policy values.
That is why after the first policy year you can take up to 10% per year from your policy without a withdrawal charge, if available by law.
Required Minimum Distributions
Surrender charges will not be applied to any amounts withdrawn from your policy to satisfy the required minimum distributions starting at age 72.
FIT Rewards Growth Special Features
Emergency Access Waiver
Available on FIT Retirement Series products currently in 403(b) or 457(b) status (types of retirement plans) and policy is eligible for a distribution.
For 403(b) Hardship or 457(b) Unforeseen Emergency distributions:
- The policy must be in force for one year and distribution payable to the annuitant is approved by the Plan/Third Party Administrator (TPA)
- All Withdrawal Charges and Market Value Adjustment (MVA) are waived
For separation from service or disability:
- The policy must be in force for one year and the Policy owner must be separated from service from the plan sponsor or disabled
- Distributions payable to the annuitant will have the Withdrawal Charge and MVA waived on 20% of the accumulation value in years 2-4 and 100% of the accumulation value in years 5+.
Distribution is subject to IRS taxes and, if applicable, IRS 10% early distribution penalty.
If you own National Life Group’s FIT Rewards Growth within an employer’s retirement plan, and if your plan allows for policy loans, you may take a loan from your FIT Rewards Growth policy in accordance with the provisions of the plan.