What if you could brighten the future for your loved ones? At Gerber Life Insurance Company, we make it easier with a smart and secure way to help pay for their college education.
With college costs continually rising, paying for higher education is getting even harder. The Gerber Life College Plan enables you to provide up to $150,000 in financial support per policy and receive a guaranteed payout of the cash accumulation to help pay college expenses.
Unlike other college investment plans, Gerber Life College Plan isn’t tied to the stock market, so growth is guaranteed and there are no limitations to how the funds can be used. Plus, because it has the added benefit of life insurance, you can be assured that your plan will be achieved, as long as premiums are paid, in the event of your passing. Plan to be a hero today as you support their dreams for tomorrow.
GUARANTEED GROWTH AND FLEXIBILITY
Get an affordable alternative to traditional college savings plans with a Gerber Life College Plan. Designed to give parents, grandparents, and other family members a way to provide college support for their loved ones, it offers guaranteed growth, no stock market risk, and a life insurance death benefit. It’s a financial resource that can be used for educational expenses or any other purpose, and it’s a great way for you to invest in your loved ones’ dreams.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- You choose the duration and amount of the policy — Individuals who are U.S. Citizens or permanent legal residents from 18 to 75 years old can apply for $10,000 up to $150,000 per policy with a cap of $500,000 (in total for all policies) per insured. Maturities range from 10- to 20-year durations.
- The plan offers the opportunity for a guaranteed payout for each college year — One of the most unique features of the Gerber Life College Plan is that you can purchase either one policy or up to four additional policies (one each consecutive year) not to exceed a total cumulative $500,000 accumulation for all policies per insured. This layering method is an economical way to spread the cost over multiple years and enables you to have a guaranteed payout each year to align when college expenses are due.
- Your premiums never increase — Your premiums are guaranteed, which means you’ll never pay a penny more as long as all payments are made on time.
- You choose how you want to pay — Premiums can be paid annually, semi-annually, quarterly, monthly, or as a single premium.
- You enjoy the flexibility to use the guaranteed payout any way you’d like — Unlike a 529 Plan, there are no restrictions to how the money can be used, whether it’s for college, trade school, to supplement retirement savings, or for any other savings need or goal.
- Cash accumulation is guaranteed with no stock market risk — The College Plan guarantees that when the policy matures, you will receive a check for the full accumulation amount.
- A death benefit is included — The College Plan provides death benefit protection, which is a unique feature not typically found in other college savings plans and bank CDs. If the policy owner passes away prematurely, the full guaranteed accumulation amount is paid as a death benefit.
APPLYING IS SIMPLE
- Decisions are made in a timely manner — Our streamlined application makes the process smooth and easy.
- No medical exam is required — In most cases, there are no medical exams; however, you will be required to answer a few simple questions about your health and medical history
- Shop, compare, and apply for Gerber Life Insurance.
GERBER LIFE COLLEGE PLAN VS OTHER SAVINGS AND COLLEGE FUNDING VEHICLES
Gerber Life College Plan is a unique alternative to traditional savings and college funding accounts. It provides guaranteed growth, no stock market risk, and immediate completion of the funding goal if the policy owner passes away prematurely. The table in the brochure shows how the Gerber Life College Plan compares to bank CDs and 529 Savings Plans. We think you’ll agree that the Gerber Life College Plan has many features and benefits not found in other savings and college funding vehicles.
- Guaranteed growth
- Guaranteed to reach policy accumulation goal
- Death benefit provides immediate completion of the funding goal
- Can use accumulation for different savings needs without penalty
- No stock market risk
HOW TO BUY ADDITIONAL POLICIES TO MATCH COLLEGE TUITION PAYMENTS
The Gerber Life College Plan has been designed to financially assist students through all four or five years of their studies. It’s an easy way to save for college that has no stock market risk and provides a guaranteed accumulation at the end of the term:
- After you purchase your initial policy, you have the option of buying additional policies. You can purchase one policy for each of the four or five years that college expenses will need to be paid, and your premiums for each new policy will stay the same as the original policy.
- Buy up to $150,000 in each endowment policy, not to exceed $500,000 for all policies per insured. If you prefer, you can also buy four smaller policies over four consecutive years to help manage costs and spread out the maturities over a four-year time frame.
- Match the payout of the policies to each year that college tuition is due.
- Enjoy the guarantees that your policies provide, including guaranteed premiums, death benefits, and accumulation amounts.
GERBER LIFE COLLEGE PLAN TAXATION
The College Plan will generate taxable income when the amount of growth in the accumulation, in any given year, is greater than the premiums paid. When this occurs, Gerber Life will send you the appropriate tax information. Once you apply, Gerber Life will send you a detailed statement showing how the cash accumulation grows and potential taxable income.
YOU CAN DEPEND ON GERBER LIFE
For more than 50 years, Gerber Life Insurance Company has been providing budget-friendly life insurance so that children and adults can have greater financial protection. Founded in 1967 by the Gerber Products Company, we share a common heritage and values in caring for the millions of families who place their trust in us. Today, Gerber Life is a member of Western & Southern Financial Group, a worldwide industry leader in life insurance whose strength and stability fortify our $50 billion of life insurance in force. With Gerber Life, applying for a policy is easy and simple. You can count on us for insurance plans for the entire family that offer the reliability, flexibility, and peace of mind you deserve.
Read our review on Gerber Life Insurance then shop and compare whole life insurance quotes to get the latest rates.