Long-term international students and scholars medical insurance
- Standard and Platinum level benefits available
- Long-term medical coverage
- Coverage for individuals and groups and their dependents
- Coverage can be extended up to 12 months from the initial effective date if a minimum of three months is purchased
- Freedom to seek treatment with the hospital or doctor of your choice
- 24-hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
- Student Health Center $5 copay per visit
- Universal Rx pharmacy discount savings
- Meets student visa requirements
- Maternity coverage (on Platinum Plan Option only)
- Mental health coverage
- Organized sports coverage
- International emergency care
- Pre-existing coverage after six months with the Platinum option or 12 months with the Standard option
Who the plan is designed for:
- Individuals participating in international student programs
- Cultural exchange participants
- Graduate international students
- Scholars and educators
- Comprehensive medical insurance for international students or scholars participating in a sponsored study abroad program
- Coinsurance in PPO network or student health center within the U.S.: Company pays 100%
- Maximum limit for student: $1,000,000
- Provides coverage for maternity
Effective July 1, 2020, International Medical Group (IMG) has amended the current Public Health Emergency exclusion in their international student insurance policy wordings by issuing an endorsement that provides coverage for COVID-19 medical expenses. This endorsement will be added to the following plans:
- Patriot Exchange Program
- Student Health Advantage
- Student Health Advantage Platinum
- All customized student and exchange plans
This update is applicable to the above-mentioned plans for all new and existing insureds.
Members with an existing policy will be emailed about the change and can log into their MyIMG account to view the endorsement. New members can view this endorsement in their plan documents after purchasing or enrolling as part of a group.
We are pleased to announce the addition of a telemedicine (i.e., Teledoc) benefit for groups seeking coverage in the United States. This virtual service provides a convenient way for customers to connect with licensed physicians for non-emergency conditions without having to make a trip to the emergency room or physician’s office.
I’m a licensed financial professional. I’ve sold annuities and insurance for more than a decade. My former role was training financial advisors, including for a Fortune Global 500 insurance company. I’ve been featured in Time Magazine, Yahoo! Finance, MSN, SmartAsset, Entrepreneur, Bloomberg, The Simple Dollar, U.S. News and World Report, and Women’s Health Magazine.
My goal is to help you take the guesswork out of retirement planning or find the best insurance coverage at the cheapest rates for you.