If you are looking for an annuity, you may have come across Talcott Annuity. But what exactly does this company do? And more importantly, is it the right choice for you? In this guide, we will look at Talcott Annuity and what they offer. We will also discuss some of the pros and cons of working with this company.
Who Is Talcott Annuity?
Talcott Annuity is a subsidiary of The Hartford. They were one of the largest annuity providers in the United States. Talcott Annuity did offer both fixed and variable annuities.
- With a fixed annuity, you will receive a guaranteed interest rate for the annuity’s life.
- With a variable annuity, your investment will be invested in a portfolio of stocks and bonds. The performance of the annuity will be based on the performance of the underlying investments.
Talcott Annuity Types
Talcott Annuity also had a wide variety of annuities to choose from. In addition, they have both single premium and flexible premium annuities.
- Single premium annuities require that you make a lump sum investment.
- Flexible premium annuities allow you to make periodic investments.
Talcott Annuity also offered immediate and deferred annuities.
- Immediate annuities begin paying out right away.
- Deferred annuities have a waiting period before they begin paying out.
Talcott Annuity Login
To access your Talcott Annuity account, you will need to log in to their website.
To log in, you will need your account number and password.
If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the “Forgot Password” link on the login page.
You will then be prompted to enter your email address.
Talcott Annuity will then send you an email with instructions on resetting your password.
Pros and Cons of Talcott Annuity
Now that we have taken a closer look at Talcott Annuity let’s discuss some of the pros and cons.
Some of the pros of Talcott Annuity included:
- A wide variety of annuities to choose from
- Immediate and deferred annuities are available
- A subsidiary of The Hartford
Some of the cons of Talcott Annuity included:
- Not available in all states
- Customer service can be improved
What Happened To Talcott Resolution?
The Hartford has agreed to sell its life and annuity businesses, Talcott Resolution, to investors led by Cornell Capital LLC, Atlas Merchant Capital LLC, TRB Advisors LP, Global Atlantic Financial Group, Pine Brook, and J. Safra Group.
The Hartford Annuity Customer Service And Login
The Hartford Annuity customer service can be reached at (800) 862-6668 (option 6). The customer service hours are Monday through Thursday, from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., or Friday, from 9:15 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Eastern Time. You can also log in to your account online or by calling the customer service number and following the prompts on the phone.
When you log in to your account, you will be able to view your account balance, make changes to your account, and more. You can also contact customer service by logging in to your account and clicking on the “Contact Us” link.
Although Talcott Annuity is not currently selling annuities, we would be happy to provide you with a quote. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like more information about our products. We value our customers and appreciate the opportunity to serve them. Thank you for your interest in Talcott Annuity!
Request A Quote
Get help from a licensed financial professional. This service is free of charge.