What is Marine Medical Insurance?
Marine, medical insurance is long-term international medical insurance for professional marine captains and crew. Also known as Captain Insurance or Crew Insurance.
Your domestic health insurance will not cover your medical or dental expenses while traveling abroad.
Also Known As
- Yacht Crew Insurance
- Yacht Crew Medical Insurance
- International Marine Medical Insurance
- Marine Crew Insurance
- Crew Medical Insurance
- Cruise Ship Crew Insurance
- Commercial Maritime Crew Insurance
Marine Crew Insurance is designed for:
- Individual medical coverage for the marine crew (Global Crew Medical Insurance)
- Group medical coverage for the marine crew (International Marine Medical Insurance)
- Captains of vessels including cruise ships and yachts
- Crew members working at sea including cruise ships and yachts
Marine Medical Insurance Cost
Marine, medical insurance ranges in cost. With that said, coverage can range from $41.75 per person, per month (Paid Annually) on the low end all the way up to $5,115.00 per month depending on:
- Marine Crew Member’s Age
- Marine Crew Member’s Gender
- Deductible Amount
- Medical Insurance Coverage Amount
- Global Area Coverage
- Frequency of Payment (Annual is the Cheapest)
What treatments and services do marine medical insurance cover?
- Plan Flexibility
- Choice of Coverage Area
- Freedom to Choose Your Health Care Provider
- Travel Intelligence Services
- Assistance Services
- Treatment outside the U.S.
- Treatment inside the U.S.
- Hospital Emergency Room Injury
- Hospital Emergency Room Illness
- Room & Board
- Intensive Care Unit
- CAT Scans
- Assistant Surgeon
- Radiation Therapy
- Maternity Care
- Physical Therapy
- Prescription Coverage
- Adult Preventative Care
- Child Preventative Care
- Health Travel Preventative Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Emergency Local Ambulance
- Emergency Evacuation
- Emergency Reunion
- Inter-facility Ambulance Transfer
- Political Evacuation and Repatriation
- Remote Transportation
- Return of Mortals Remains
- Complementary Medicine
- Traumatic Dental Injury
- Treatment Due to Unexpected Pain to Sound, Natural Teeth
- Non-Emergency Treatment at a Dental Provider due to an Accident
- Non-Emergency Dental
- Hospital Indemnity
- Supplemental Accident
- Pre-Existing Conditions Limitation
- Amateur Sailboat Racing
- Crew Member Return
I’m a licensed financial professional. I’ve sold annuities and insurance for more than a decade. My former role was training financial advisors, including for a Fortune Global 500 insurance company. I’ve been featured in Time Magazine, Yahoo! Finance, MSN, SmartAsset, Entrepreneur, Bloomberg, The Simple Dollar, U.S. News and World Report, and Women’s Health Magazine.
My goal is to help you take the guesswork out of retirement planning or find the best insurance coverage at the cheapest rates for you.