Missions are an important part of the Christian faith. They provide a way for believers to spread the gospel and help those in need. However, missions can also be dangerous, and that’s where missionary insurance comes in. Missionary insurance protects missionaries and their families while on a mission trip. It can provide coverage for medical expenses, lost luggage, and more. This guide will discuss what missionary insurance is and how it works.
- What Is Missionary Insurance?
- How Does Missionary Health Insurance Work?
- How Much Does Mission Trip Cost?
- What Does Mission Trip Cover?
- Who Needs Mission Insurance?
- What does travel insurance for missionaries cover?
- The Best Mission Trip Insurance Plans
- What treatments Does mission trip insurance cover abroad?
- Next Steps
- Need Help Getting Insurance?
What Is Missionary Insurance?
Missionary insurance is a type of insurance that is specifically designed to protect missionaries and their families while on a mission trip. It can provide coverage for medical expenses, lost luggage, and more. Missionary insurance can be purchased through various insurers, and it is important to compare policies to find the best coverage for your needs.
How Does Missionary Health Insurance Work?
Missionary health insurance is a type of reimbursement insurance that helps cover medical care costs for individuals serving as missionaries for their church. The way it works is that the missionary pays for their own medical care out of pocket, and then they submit receipts to the insurance company. The company then reimburses the missionary for a portion of the medical expenses up to a certain limit. In some cases, the reimbursement maybe 100%, while in others, it may be less. Missionary health insurance typically has a higher deductible than other types of health insurance, but it can be a valuable resource for those who are serving in a foreign country.
How Much Does Mission Trip Cost?
Short-term missionary insurance plans are designed for individuals and groups. Prices for these plans vary but typically start at around $2 per day. For long-term coverage (ideal for career missionaries or volunteers), prices also depend on age and health but tend to be higher than the short-term rates.
What Does Mission Trip Cover?
Mission trip health insurance can cover:
- Trip Interruption: If you have to end your journey early for a covered reason, this insurance will have you backed.
- Natural Disasters: Mother Nature can be unpredictable. If something happens and you have to leave your home, this benefit can help you. This includes things like earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, and tornadoes.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation: If you’re ever hospitalized due to an injury or sickness while abroad, this benefit can cover the cost of your emergency medical evacuation to the nearest qualified medical facility, as well as transportation and return expenses.
- Emergency Illness or Injury: In the event you fall ill or are injured while on your mission or social good trip, this benefit could potentially cover some, if not all, medical expenses.
Who Needs Mission Insurance?
Mission Trip insurance is a form of travel insurance explicitly created for mission groups, churches, volunteers, and their families (U.S. citizens and non-U.S. nationals) who need temporary international medical insurance while traveling anywhere outside their home country.
Missionary Insurance is perfect for:
- Faith-Based Trips
- Volunteers for Disaster Relief
- Volunteers doing Social Good
- Non-Profits on short-term travel
- Medical Mission Trips
What does travel insurance for missionaries cover?
Coverage for individuals and families needing temporary medical insurance while traveling for mission or volunteer work anywhere outside their home country.
- Short-term international medical insurance
- Health insurance provides coverage for individuals and dependents
- Two plan designs – one for U.S. citizens and one for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country
- Health insurance plan’s maximum limits range from $50,000 to $2 million
- Deductible options from $0 to $2,500
- Available in monthly and daily rates
- Renewable for up to 24 months if one month or more are purchased
- Freedom to seek treatment with the hospital, medical facility, or doctor of your choice
- Universal Rx pharmacy discount savings
- 24-hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
The Best Mission Trip Insurance Plans
What treatments Does mission trip insurance cover abroad?
- Continuation of Treatment Period
- Incidental Home Country Coverage
- End of Trip Home Country Coverage
- Hospital Room and Board
- Intensive Care
- Physician Waits
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Prescription Medication
- Home Nursing Care
- Local Ambulance Expense
- Emergency Room
- Dental Emergencies
- Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance
- Emergency Reunion
- Return of Mortal Remains
- Return of Minor Children
- Political Evacuation
- Natural Disaster
- Sudden and Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition (Medical)
- Sudden and Unexpected Recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition – Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Hospital Indemnity
- Common Carrier Accidental Death
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Identity Theft Assistance
- Trip Interruption Coverage
- Lost Luggage
A mission trip is a calling that many feel called to do. When you leave on your journey, it is important to ensure that you and your family are taken care of in the event of an unexpected incident. Missionary insurance can help to provide coverage for medical expenses, lost luggage, and more. It is important to compare policies from different insurers to find the best coverage for your needs. Contact us today for a quote on missionary insurance.
Need Help Getting Insurance?
Contact us today if you want personalized service from a licensed insurance agent. Free of charge.