What is International Student Health Insurance?
International health insurance plans for students or scholars studying abroad.
This international student insurance plan meets student visa requirements and includes maternity care, mental health care, organized sports, and global emergency care.
Your domestic health insurance plan will not cover your medical or dental expenses outside your home country.
- What is International Student Health Insurance?
- Who is student travel health insurance perfect for?
- How much does International Student Health Insurance cost?
- What does student travel international health insurance cover?
- What services and treatments are covered while abroad?
- Best Travel Insurance For International Students and Exchange Students
Who is student travel health insurance perfect for?
- Individual and groups of students participating in international programs
- Exchange student participants
- Graduate international students
- Scholars and educators experiencing worldwide travel.
How much does International Student Health Insurance cost?
Travel insurance ranges in cost. With that said, coverage can vary from $29 per person, per month on the low end up to $85 per month depending on:
- Trip Length
- Travelers Age
- Trip Cost
- Deductible Amount
- Global Coverage Amount
What does student travel international health insurance cover?
- International student health insurance plans who need temporary medical insurance while studying abroad.
- Standard and Platinum level benefits available
- Long-term international medical coverage
- Provides coverage for individuals and groups and their dependents
- Coverage can be extended up to 12 months from the initial effective date if a minimum of three months is purchased
- Freedom to seek medical treatment with the hospital, or doctor of your choice
- 24-hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
- Student Health Center $5 co-pay per visit
- Universal Rx pharmacy discount savings
- Meets student visa requirements
- Maternity care coverage (varies by policy)
- Mental health coverage for health and wellbeing
- Organized sports coverage
- International emergency care
- Pre-existing medical coverage after 6 months with the Platinum option or 12 months with the Standard option
What services and treatments are covered while abroad?
- Hospital or Medical Facility Room and Board
- Intensive Care
- Emergency Room Injury
- Emergency Room Illness resulting in Hospitalization
- Emergency Room Illness without Inpatient Admission
- Mental or Nervous/Substance Abuse
- Prescription Drugs
- Physical Therapy
- Local Ambulance
- Dental Benefits
- Eligible Medical Expenses
- Inter-facility Ambulance Transfer
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Emergency Evacuation from Natural Disasters
- Emergency Assistance
- Emergency Reunion
- Return of Mortal Remains
- Political Evacuation and Repatriation
- Intercollegiate Sports
- Interscholastic Sports
- Intramural Sports
- Club Sports
- Incidental Trip Coverage
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Personal Liability