If you’re a senior citizen who likes to travel, it’s important to have travel insurance. This type of policy can provide peace of mind while you’re on your trip and can help protect you from any unforeseen events. This guide will discuss everything you need to know about travel insurance for seniors. We’ll cover what policies are available, what they cover, and how much they cost. So if you’re planning to travel soon, read this guide!
If you qualify for Medicare, are actively enrolled in Medicare Parts A & B, and are enrolled in a Medigap Plan or Medicare Advantage Plan, read below.
- What Is Unique About Senior Travel Insurance?
- How Travel Insurance for Senior Citizens Work
- What Does Senior Travel Insurance Cover?
- International Travel Insurance Is For Seniors Over Age 65
- Seniors Travel Insurance Coverage
- What Does Senior International Travel Insurance Cost?
- What Does Seniors Travel Insurance Cover?
- The Best Travel Insurance Plan For Seniors
- Next Steps
- Need Help Getting Insurance?
What Is Unique About Senior Travel Insurance?
Senior Travel insurance is a form of travel medical insurance created explicitly for travelers over 65. There are a few things that are unique about travel insurance for seniors.
- First, most policies do not have an age limit, so you can still be covered even if you’re over 70.
- Second, many policies offer increased coverage for medical expenses and evacuation costs. This is important for seniors, who may be more likely to require medical attention while traveling.
- Next, the insurance is Medicare-friendly which is a unique feature.
- And finally, many policies offer trip cancellation coverage. This can help reimburse you for the trip cost if you have to cancel it for any reason.
Your domestic health insurance will not cover your medical or dental while traveling abroad.
How Travel Insurance for Senior Citizens Work
What Does Senior Travel Insurance Cover?
Most travel insurance policies offer coverage for a variety of events, including:
- Medical expenses
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Trip cancellation
- Trip interruption
- Lost or stolen baggage
- Accidental death or dismemberment
International Travel Insurance Is For Seniors Over Age 65
This type of travel insurance is ideal for:
- Travelers over the age of 65 going on International Vacations/Holidays.
- Visitors/Immigrants (Ages 65+) leaving their home country.
- Employers/Business Travelers (Ages 65+) traveling to another country for work.
- Travel insurance for the elderly.
If you are a traveler age 64 or younger, see travel insurance for domestic trips and travel medical insurance for international trips.
Seniors Travel Insurance Coverage
- Short-term travel medical coverage
- Coverage for individuals and spouses over age 65
- Two plan designs – Single-Trip and Multi-Trip
- Maximum Limits from $50,000 to $1,000,000
- Numerous deductible options
- Available in daily and monthly premium rates
- Extendable for up to 12 months
- Seek treatment with a hospital or doctor of your choice
- 24-hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
What Does Senior International Travel Insurance Cost?
Travel insurance ranges in cost. With that said, travel insurance for seniors can vary from $26.71 per person, per week on the low end up to $49.44 per week depending on the:
- Trip Length
- Travelers Age
- Trip Cost
- Deductible Amount
- Medical Coverage Amount
What Does Seniors Travel Insurance Cover?
- Hospital Room & Board
- Intensive Care Unit
- Physician Visits
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Prescription Medication
- Home Nursing Care
- Medical Equipment
- Continuation of Treatment Period
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Emergency Reunion
- Non-Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Return of Mortal Remains
- Local Burial/Cremation
- Political Evacuation
- Inter-Facility Transportation
- Natural Disaster
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Common Carrier Accidental Death
- Trip Interruption
- Lost Luggage
- Hospital Indemnity
- Identity Theft
- Felonious Battery
- Local Ambulance Expense
- Emergency Room
- Sudden & Unexpected Reoccurrence of Pre-Existing Condition
- Dental Emergency
The Best Travel Insurance Plan For Seniors
If you’re a senior traveler, enrolling in a Senior Travel Insurance policy is a great way to supplement your current health insurance and give yourself extra peace of mind while on your trips. Here at The Annuity Expert, we offer quotes for comprehensive policies from some of the leading providers in the industry. Contact us today for more information or to get started with a quote.
Need Help Getting Insurance?
Contact us today if you want personalized service from a licensed insurance agent. Free of charge.