Visitors insurance is a form of travel medical insurance for tourists and immigrants visiting or relocating to the USA. The coverage is the best health insurance for travel to the USA.
Who Needs Visitors Insurance?
Non-U.S. residents (international tourists or foreign visitors) who need temporary health insurance coverage while traveling for business or pleasure to the United States. Visitors’ health insurance is a comprehensive plan that provides medical coverage in case of sickness, accidents, emergencies, or evacuation.
Your domestic health insurance plans will not cover your medical expenses or dental expenses while traveling abroad.
Shop and compare Visitors Insurance here.
Who are Visitors Insurance For?
- Graduating seniors trips to the United States
- International college students studying in America
- Foreign au pairs and nannies working while in the U.S.
- U.S. families sponsoring exchange students
- International vacationers coming to America
- Relatives or international travelers visiting from overseas
- Recently arrived immigrants
- Foreign visitors entering the United States for business.
Also Known As
- Insurance for Visitors to the USA
- Travel Insurance for Non-U.S. Residents
- Travel medical insurance for USA
- Immigrant Insurance
- Immigrant Health Insurance
- Immigrant Medical Insurance
- Inbound Immigrant Insurance
- Visitor Insurance to the USA
- International Visitors Insurance
- American Visitor Insurance
How much does visitors insurance cost?
- Trip Length
- Travelers Age
- Trip Cost
- Deductible Amount
- Medical Coverage Amount
What treatments are covered?
- Room & Board
- Intensive Care
- Physician Visits and Services
- Prescription Drugs
- Home Nursing Care
- Medical Emergency Local Ambulance
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Dental Treatment
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Emergency Reunion
- Return of Mortal Remains
- Return of Minor Children
- Political Evacuation and Repatriation
- Natural Disaster Evacuation.
- Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions
- Urgent Care clinic
- Walk-In Clinic
- Physical Therapy
- Hospital Emergency Room
- Hospital Indemnity
- Common Carrier Accidental Death
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Identity Theft
- Trip Interruption Coverage
- Lost Luggage
- Eligible Medical Expenses
- Bedside Visits
- Outpatient Surgical/hospital Facility
- Chemotherapy/Radiation Therapy
- Pre-Admission Testing
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Assistant Surgeon
- Chiropractic care
- Extended Care Facility
- Interfacility Ambulance Transfer
- Traumatic Dental Injury
- Emergency Eye Examination
- Personal Liability
- Pet Return
- Small Pet Common Air Carrier Accidental Death Benefit
- Natural Disaster
Suppose you live in the United States and have family members or friends from other countries visiting you. In that case, they will need to obtain Visitor Insurance coverage to cover any medical costs.
If you’re relocating to the United States from another country, you will need Visitor Insurance until you can obtain employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance.
I’m a licensed financial professional. I’ve sold annuities and insurance for more than a decade. My former role was training financial advisors, including for a Fortune Global 500 insurance company. I’ve been featured in Time Magazine, Yahoo! Finance, MSN, SmartAsset, Entrepreneur, Bloomberg, The Simple Dollar, U.S. News and World Report, and Women’s Health Magazine.
My goal is to help you take the guesswork out of retirement planning or find the best insurance coverage at the cheapest rates for you.