What questions do they ask for life insurance? This is a question that many people have when shopping for life insurance. It’s important to know what the purpose of your policy is and how much coverage you’ll need. In this article, we will discuss some of the most common questions asked by those looking to buy life insurance.
Questions Life Insurance Companies Ask On An Application
Have you ever consulted a member of the medical profession regarding or have you been diagnosed or treated for:
- High blood pressure, high cholesterol, abnormal electrocardiogram, chest pain, irregular heart rhythm, palpitations, heart murmur, heart attack, angina, phlebitis, peripheral vascular disease, or any other disease or disorder of the heart or blood vessels?
- Hepatitis, ulcer, internal bleeding, colitis, acid reflux, GERD, or any other disease or disorder of the stomach, gall bladder, esophagus, liver, pancreas, spleen, intestines, colon, or rectum?
- Your blood or immune system disorder includes anemia, blood clots, bleeding, immune deficiency, leukemia, or lymphoma (excluding HIV)?
- Cancer, tumor, melanoma, or any other malignant disorder?
- Diabetes or high blood sugar or any other disease or disorder of the pituitary, thyroid, or endocrine glands?
- Albumin, protein, blood, or sugar in the urine or any other disease or disorder of the kidney or bladder?
- Cyst, polyp, lump, or other growth, or any disease or disorder of the skin or lymph nodes?
- Any disease or disorder of the uterus, cervix, ovaries, or breasts?
- Any disease or disorder of the prostate or reproductive system?
- Any sexually transmitted disorders or diseases?
- Pregnancy, complications of pregnancy, or infertility? If now pregnant, what is the expected date of delivery?
- Asthma, shortness of breath, chronic cough or hoarseness, bronchitis, emphysema, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), sarcoidosis, pneumonia, TB (tuberculosis), sleep apnea, or any other disorder of the respiratory system?
- A disorder of the brain, spinal cord, or nervous system including chronic headaches, convulsions or loss of consciousness, seizures, tremors, paralysis, fainting, stroke, MS (multiple sclerosis), or TIA (transient ischemic attack)?
- Depression, anxiety, psychosis, suicidal thoughts or attempts of suicide, anorexia or bulimia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, or other mental, nervous, or emotional disorder?
- Arthritis or disorder of the bones, skin, or muscles?
- Any disease or disorder of the eyes, ears, nose, or throat?
- Been treated by a member of the medical profession or at a medical facility? Had an electrocardiogram, x-ray, blood test, or other diagnostic tests, excluding an HIV test?
- Had surgery or biopsy, or been an inpatient or outpatient in a hospital, clinic, or other medical or mental health facilities?
- Been advised by a medical professional member to have surgery, medical treatment, biopsy, or diagnostic testing, excluding HIV testing, that has not yet been completed?
- Been referred to any other member of the medical profession or medical facility?
- Been unable to work, attend school, perform normal activities like age and gender, or be confined at home?
- Have you ever used amphetamines, barbiturates, cocaine, heroin, crack, marijuana, LSD, PCP, or other illegal, restricted, or controlled substances, except as prescribed by a licensed physician?
- Have you ever been addicted to prescription medication or been advised by a physician to discontinue using habit-forming drugs?
- Have you ever consumed alcoholic beverages? If Yes, give the type and number of drinks per day and/or per week. Been advised by a physician or other licensed medical practitioner to limit or cease the use of alcoholic beverages?
- Do you smoke or consume tobacco?
- Been counseled, sought help or treatment, or been advised by a physician or other licensed medical practitioner to undergo counseling or treatment for alcohol problems?
- Attended or joined any organization due to alcohol or related problems?
- Are you currently taking, or have you been advised to take any prescribed medication?
- Have you tested positive for exposure to the HIV infection or been diagnosed with ARC (AIDS-Related Complex) or AIDS (Auto Immune Deficiency Syndrome) caused by HIV infection or other sickness or condition derived from such infection?
- In the past 5 years, have you been diagnosed, treated, tested positive for, or been given medical advice by a member of the medical profession for any disease or disorder not previously stated on this application?
What If I Have One Of These Medical Conditions
Avoid getting a hard decline for coverage from a life insurance company. You won’t be able to apply with anyone else for at least two years. Try applying for a solid life insurance company that offers a soft decline that shouldn’t hurt you from applying at other companies.
If you have a preexisting medical condition and want to buy life insurance, you will need help from an expert. This person can help make sure that you get coverage so that you don’t get declined.