Reasons to Buy Life Insurance for Your Child
- Pay for End-of-Life Expenses: Life insurance can cover funeral costs and other expenses associated with the loss of a child, alleviating financial burdens during a difficult time.
- Ensure Your Child Will Always Have Life Insurance: By purchasing life insurance early, you guarantee your child’s insurability, regardless of future health changes.
- Lock in Lower Premiums: Childhood policies often come with lower premiums that remain constant, making them more affordable over time.
- Give Your Child Access to Cash Value: Some policies accumulate cash value over time, which your child can use for future financial needs, like education or a down payment on a home.
Minimum Age for Buying Life Insurance for a Child
- Age Limit: Life insurance for children can typically be purchased as soon as they are 14 days old.
- Varies by Company: Exact age requirements may vary depending on the insurance provider.
Maximum Age for Children’s Life Insurance
- Typical Upper Limit: Generally, a parent, grandparent, or guardian can buy life insurance for a child under the age of 18.
- Company-Specific: This upper age limit can vary between insurance companies.
Related Reading: Can I Cash Out My Child’s Life Insurance Policy?
Understanding the age requirements and benefits of purchasing life insurance for your child is crucial. It offers financial security and long-term advantages for your child’s future. Considering the varying policies and premiums of different insurance companies is important.
Contact us today for a free quote.
Request A Quote
Get help or a quote from a licensed financial professional. This service is free of charge.